Friday, July 11, 2008

Observations: Bedtime.

There was a time when I could stay awake during an entire episode of Conan O'Brien.
That time has passed.
I hardly see the other side of 10 o'clock anymore.
That's because I've adapted to Chris' sleep schedule. And work calls for early mornings! (As it soon will for me, too!)

We frequently read from our devotional book before we go to bed. Bobby and Rachel gave this one to us for our wedding, and we've been enjoying the intriguing conversations that it leads into. It refocuses us on the higher purpose for our marriage.

The weather outside has been perfect (low 80s), which means our house (which lacks air-conditioning) has been very comfortable for sleep. Opening the windows at night creates the most wonderful breeze. There is little reason for me mentioning this, other than to rub it in for you CALIFORNIA folks, melting in the 110 degree heat. That's right, now it's MY turn to gloat! Muuuaaah haha!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get back to us in December or January when we are in shorts and have our windows open with that cool breeze, and you are out shoveling the snow on your driveway so you can get your car out of the garage. :)

Phil said...

I don't know what weather reports you're reading, but today's forecast here in beautiful Long Beach is precisely 80, with some scattered high clouds. A perfect day, in my opinion. =)

Jamie Stavenger said...

I am speaking to my NorCal friends, who are living the valley...er...inferno. Long Beach, of course, is always beautiful. :)

And, anonymous, don't rain on my parade! I'm aware of what the winters are like (ugh). Let me enjoy my month of sun! :)

MLasch said...

Forget the temperatures, I'm jealous that you can open your windows at night!

bobby said...

How about your NorCal friends on the coast? Sure is beautiful in Santa Cruz, too!

But you enjoy your month of sun.
Minnesota: 9 months of winter, 3 months of bad sledding.

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

What about the Utah Crew. 120 baby!!!

Jamie Stavenger said...

Ugh, Jason! YOU WIN for the place I LEAST want to be!

http://alberico.net said...

Snow and cold don't bother me, I survived Idaho winters for a few years. The way I look at it, it's a trade-off, you get 4 seasons and you experience so many different things through those seasons and you learn to appreciate each season more.

There are plenty of activities to keep you busy indoors and out in the winter.

Southern California, we have two... HOT and NOT HOT and the occasional rain... BOOOORING!