Thursday, July 24, 2008

Girl, Put Your Records On.

Chris and I took a trip to Barnes & Noble the other night, just to get out of the house for a while. We were on the hunt for a good barbeque (or, as they call it here, "grilling") cookbook, which we found fairly easily. But while we were there, we each picked out one new CD for fun.

I chose Leeland's sophomore album "Opposite Way". I'm almost embarrassed to report this since I'm a big Leeland fan and am JUST NOW getting around to listening to their album. Boo. Anyway, I'm loving it (with the exception of their first single, oddly enough. Not my favorite.). Take a listen if you're so inclined :)


Chris chose the album "Captiva," by Falling Up. Both are Christian bands, but Falling Up tends to be a little more edgy in it's sound. I don't know if he has gotten the opportunity to savor the album completely yet, but I know he likes the single on the album...it was featured on his myspace page fo-e-va. Here ya go:


So there you have it...the newest tunes in our collection.
What are YOU spinnin'?

3 comments:

Perksofbeingme said...

Hmm.. my favorite song at the moment would have to be: "Always there for you" by The Valli Girls. It's actually an old song but it's mine and my best friend's favorite song.

Other than that it's "Let it Be" by the Beatles.

Sarah said...

My new fave is Andy Hunter: Colour

He's a Christian techno artist. I've been working out to his music and I like it, it gives me energy. Typically I'm not into techno, but he won me over! I'm also liking Addison Road, Remedy Drive, and the new Jon Foreman.

Unknown said...

Both records are great; Captiva is EXCELLENT!! I'm loving the new Coldplay record and lately I've been listening to a lot of Angels and Airwaves, Death Cab, Augustana, Powderfinger, Sigur Ros, Something Corporate, and, of course, U2!