Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'd Like To Thank The Academy


Actually, I'd like to thank Brittany at perksofbeingme for bestowing on me this fantastic blog award. (You may have noticed the award in my sidebar.) She is a faithful reader and commenter, for which I am very thankful. NOW, it is my duty to pass this award on to five bloggers I feel are creative, edgy, unique, and overall make my day.

1. Look @ Me, Look @ Me! While living in Long Beach, I tediously tried to convince Keith Dickson to take up blogging. Little did I know that his WIFE was sitting on a gold mine of blog ideas, and now regularly shares her random thoughts with us on her blog. I'm putting Liana in my #1 spot because she's usually the first blog I click on for the day. Cracks me up.

2. Stuff Christians Like If you want to laugh (hard), this is the blog to follow...especially if you grew up in Christian culture listening to Carman and going to church camp. I'm hoping this collection of writings will become a book someday. Disclaimer: it's often wordy, so read it when you have time to enjoy it.

3. Midrash. Rob's blog always merits a read. He has this fantastic biblical worldview, especially when it comes to helping the poor and contributing to the world around us. I love that he is passionate about theology and the work of Christ, but approaches it in a relevant way. And, he loves The Office and 24, so it doesn't get much better than that.

4. Ragamuffin Soul I can't even imagine how many times this blog has been included on a favorite's list. "Los" is an edgy ex-worship leader from So Cal who relocated to Atlanta around the time I moved to Duluth. It's been fun relating to his change of environment from my own perspective. And sometimes, he's just crazy bizarre. I love it.

5. Snap Shots This is my dear friend Beth's blog, and if for nothing else, you must go for the pictures. SHE is the mastermind behind all of our wedding photography, and continues to amaze me with her savvy for the camera. And she knows how to make me jealous with her season passes to Disneyland.

6 comments:

Perksofbeingme said...

You're awesome.

photoqueen said...

I am so honored to receive this award. I gladly accept it on behalf of my canon camera, my Hoodman compactflash and Disneyland.
Love you BFF! Hey am I supposed to pass the award? I would give you one back!

Jamie Stavenger said...

Pass it on to five people...but don't pass it back to me :) I'll take your kudos here.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jamie!!! I'm so flattered. Finally I'm the popular one in the family. Keith always gets to be on stage, and everyone knows him and they have no idea who I am. Well watch out world, Jamie Stavenger thinks I'm cool. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jamie! By the way you might want to check out my latest edition to the blog. I would like to think that since I because assistant to the associate pastor at Crosswalk I have really helped raise the bar...my last post gives all the proof needed.
-Rob

Anonymous said...

whoops! "since I because" was supposed to be "since I became"