Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Guess I Won't Be Walking.


Want to know how "walkable" your neighborhood is? With rising gas prices, the feet sure are a more feasible alternative mode of transportaion! I went to this website to get my neighborhood's Walk Score, and was a little unhappy with my results. Good 'ol St. Paul Avenue only ranks a 15 out of 100 for walking convenience. FIFTEEN!

Of course, as my friend Rob noted, it fails to take into consideration the local crime statistics. And, I'll note, that it also fails to acknowledge weather conditions, because God knows I won't be walking ANYWHERE for about 9 months of the year.

I'm sure some of you urban-dwellers can throw down some pretty high scores...

[ht: rob]

12 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Will said...

Belmont Shore here. 83. Hollah!

Roxeanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roxeanne said...

Casa Charlemagne received a 51. Good thing I have a shiny new car to take me all the places I need to go.

Anonymous said...

Alamitos Beach...86! I just have to make sure to dodge all the bums pooping in the gutter. Oh I'm not making that up, I've actually seen it.

Jamie Stavenger said...

Ewwwwwww!

Anonymous said...

Your hometown neighborhood ranks a 55. I think I'd rather walk in your new neighborhood, however.

Perksofbeingme said...

My particular address is only an 18, but if I put in my work address (where I spend most of my time) it's a 78!

Anonymous said...

My neighborhood received a wonderful 38. Too bad I don't walk much! : ) Send me a message when you get a chance, but pray before then if you can. Thanks. : )

LynzMiller said...

97 Baby!! I live in a "walkers paradise!" You're always welcome to walk with me here, plus you've got to admit, the climate is waaaayyyy better come October. ;)
~LYNZ~ :)

Jamie Stavenger said...

Dont worry, Lynz...San D is definitely on our short list of places to visit!! :) Enjoy your walkable weather!

Leanne said...

Downey...82