Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I Have Some Catching Up To Do!


I'm a little hesitant to reveal more movies that I haven't seen, since on a previous blog I received angry comments from some of you "Breakfast Club" and "Braveheart" lovers! But I couldn't resist making my way through the American Film Industry's new "Top 100 films of all time" list. They are divided into 10 categories, with 10 films per category (sorry for underestimating your math skills, there). I thought I'd share my results with you...

Animated- I've seen all 10. What can I say!? I like a good cartoon. :)
Romantic Comedy- only 2. TWO!! I thought I would own this category! Coincidentally, they both feature Meg Ryan.
Westerns- Zero. Although, if I count all the times I've walked through the living room while my dad was watching them, I could probably piece one together.
Sports- One. I really like "Remember the Titans", but that didn't make the list.
Mystery- Zero. Not my genre.
Fantasy- an unexpected SIX thanks to classics like "The Wizard of Oz".
Sci-Fi- Three. And that was more than I thought.
Gangster- Zero. I can think of a billion things I'd rather do than watch one of these.
Courtroom Drama- One. And it's on my top 10 movies of all time list!
Epic- Five. I'll never let go, Jack. I'll never let go.

There you have it.
28 out of 100.
I'm glad I had a better percentage on my driver's exam!

2 comments:

Perksofbeingme said...

Let's see, for me:

Animated- all 10. Like you, I love them!
Romantic Comedy- 2, and the same two that you've seen.
Western-0. Is it bad I haven't heard of any of these either?
Sports- Only 2
Mystery- 0. Could care less
Fantasy- 6. Surprisingly higher than I thought.
Sci-Fi-5, again higher than I thought. BUt the classics like Star Wars, and the obscure like A Clockwork Orange helped me there
Gangster- 1
Courtroom Drama-1
Epic- 6

Total-35 our of 100. Wow. That's low, but really I don't have the desire to watch most of those movies either.

Anonymous said...

You called it-- Dad saw 8 of the Westerns, but since Tombstone was missing from the list he considers it an invalid Top 10. However, I think watching Tombstone 40 times makes up for the two he missed.