Monday, July 28, 2008

Another Bedtime Observation.

It's been comfortably warm here in Duluth...outside. This means it's often UNcomfortably warm in our little non-air-conditioned home. This presents a problem for me at bedtime. Where as Chris can fall asleep on top of the bed, I need the weight of covers to help me. Last night, I was vitually burning up under the sheets. That is, until, I stuck one foot out from under.

What is it about feet? They seem to regulate my body temperature in the strangest ways. I can be completely wrapped in blankets, but if my feet are exposed, I'm still cold. I'm not sure there is a medical explanation for this, but it was just a thought I was mulling over as I was drifting off into dreamland.

Obviously, it's a slow blog day. ;)

Am I the only one with uber-sensitive feet?

2 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

I also regulate temperature with my feet, I put a pillow at the base/foot of the bed under the covers, so when I'm feeling cold I place my feet under the pillow and I will feel warm within minutes. If I'm feeling too hot I'll place my feet above the pillow and it's usually cool.

In the summer if I toss out a foot I have a very similar experience as you do.

Good topic! :)

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh because that is exactly what I do, too! If only you could bottle some of that warmth up for January... :)