Sunday, July 27, 2008

Just a Girl And Her Piano.

And, no, I'm not talking about me!

More music...I know my last few posts have been music reviews, so I'll make this one brief. I headed down to the great metropolis of Minneapolis on Friday (sans Chris, because he was on-call for surgery in Duluth) to watch my dear friend Shannon Curtis rock her tunes on the ivory. She really was fabulous, and is continuing her nation-wide tour, heading into the Pacific Northwest- so check out her tour stops and tell her I sent you! Take a listen to her music here.

On a side note, it was refreshing to spend some girl-time with her afterwards. We stayed up WAY too late, caught up on all things life, and enjoyed coffee and breakfast in the morning. On a side, SIDE note, I conquered my first night without CHRIS since we've been married! Not something I'd choose a whole lot in the future, but good to know I can survive! (How did we EVER manage long distance?!)

5 comments:

Leanne said...

I'm listening to Shannon right now. I love her sound. Very soothing and cool.

Leanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Please, don't ever leave me again! I don't know how I survived the night.

Leanne said...

Shannon plays in LA on the 10th and I'm going to try to get a group together to see her. Thanks for turning me on to her!

Jamie Stavenger said...

She plays a really good show! I wish I could come with you. Definitely tell her hello from me when you do, and let me know what you think! :)