Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Thanks for Visiting, Gustav.

Hello, friends! I hope you had a FINE holiday weekend. I'm personally thankful that the weekend is OVER. Chris worked 32 hours in over three days. That's 32 hours alone. Now, I appreciate an evening to myself now and then, but three days with myself is too much (don't get me wrong...I'm lots of fun!). Now things are back to normal.

Today was a new start. Sub calls shouldn't be coming in quite yet (the school year starts on Thursday). So I planned to get OUT of the house (finally) and take a walk by the lake. And then THIS happened to thwart my plans:

Instead, I squealed to Stephanie on the phone while Thunder and massive crashes of lightning rattled the house. Stupid summer monsoons. In addition, it made the weather (and, consequently, our house) terribly muggy and humid. Gross.

So...another day indoors. I did manage to make it over to Barnes & Noble to pick up some new books. Stay tuned for my newest selection! (Perhaps I should start my own book club. If Oprah can do it, I can do it!!)

1 comment:

http://alberico.net said...

That's a bummer of a weekend being away from your man... but if there is a silver lining it sounds like some awesome overtime pay (assuming holiday too) should be coming your way soon!