Monday, September 29, 2008

Dear Christopher Lytle...

On Friday, September 26th at 3:31 p.m., my dear friend Christopher Lytle left the following comment for me:

"I think you guys should blow off Vegas and come to our Harvest party. You know, since you guys don't have fall in Minnesota."

That statement inspired Chris and I to take a drive around our neighborhood on Sunday afternoon to, you know, take pictures of our "non-fall" here in Duluth.

A street in the Woodland area of Duluth (where we live).

The baseball field a block from our house.

More trees.

Lots of color on our street!

We can see this cemetery from our street, also.

Maybe, Christopher, you should have your harvest party HERE...you know,
since concrete doesn't turn pretty colors in the fall.

(P.S. Kidding aside, you know I'd love to be at your party. I miss you guys!)

11 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

OH SNAP!

Don't worry Jamie, it'll be like 80 or 90 degrees so we'll never get fall here... but some day it'll just start getting cooler (maybe in the low 60s) and we'll have grey skies and rain, so I guess we'll have to call that Winter?

I'm jealous I miss experiencing a real fall! Enjoy the colors.

Anonymous said...

So, I'm not sure if I should cry or move...or maybe both. I am jealous...really, really, really, jealous.

Leanne said...

Although not crying, the tears are there. That is so beautiful and I hope you appreciate it as much as we do. :o)

Perksofbeingme said...

wow! that is gorgeous. Everything is really green here.

Jamie Stavenger said...

You should move, Christopher. :)

Anonymous said...

for the first time since you've left...i am jealous. we do miss you out here though.

Kevin said...

well played. well played!!!!

Phil said...

Christopher done just got told.

Anonymous said...

Wow. wow. and wow! Duluth is a gorgeous place in the fall! Are you sure you didn't pull those pics from the Internet? ;) You missed fall colors in L.A., looks like this year WAY makes up for it!

Anonymous said...

Jamie--you REALLY know how to make a girl homesick! Jump in a pile of leaves for me, will ya?!

shelley

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I want your non fall... One of my kiddos found a leaf that was half changed in the courtyard. He was so excited about this, we posed him with this one little leaf, and now have a cute picture to remember the moment...that is our California fall. There is a tree outside my classroom door, and we look at it each time it is different. A few leaves change in the fall, new leaves and blooms in the spring. It makes me feel a little like I'm somewhere else.