Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's Warming Up Around Here!


There's a phrase you're unlikely to hear in Duluth in September! But as an Art substitute today, I spent the better part of my day talking about warm colors and cool colors. Therefore, I am way dialed in to the emerging fall colors around me today. For example, the wreath above is now gracing our door. I've always thought a wreath on the door is the perfect finish to any home. It's very inviting, and it just screams "Fall is here!...at least at OUR house!"

Our tree out front is now ripe with big, red apples. A car pulled up the other day and asked if they could pick a buckets-worth from our tree. Apparently they do this every year, which makes me wonder, is this the only apple tree in Duluth or something? Here's the bad part about apple trees (or any fruit trees, for that matter):

They end up all over our yard as food for all of our furry forest friends. I'd go pick them up, except I don't want to. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wreath is gorgeous! I am inspired to get going on fall decor transition. And the apples look yummy. Do you have an apple pie recipe? Home-grown ingredients are always the best!

Angela said...

Thanks for the reminder to pull out the fall wreath. If I could just remember where I put it!

Yours looks great!