Friday, September 05, 2008

From Worst to First


Sets on the Beach

Chris and I, along with some of his colleagues, have been playing in a volleyball league every Wednesday night. I love it...it gets me out of the house, and I've become friends with everyone on the team. There have been some tough nights- we play RAIN or shine, and it has rained ruthlessly on us a few times. My competitive nature, well, I've had to put that aside. We're just not very good. Since May, we've won 7 of 46+ games. The end of the season arrived last Wednesday, and our league standing was last place. (I curl my lip as I write that. It hurts a little.)

BUT, now the game has changed...it's PLAYOFF tournament time, and it's game ON! On Wednesday we won two games back-to-back. And, much like Michael Phelps, we've been saving our energy for when it REALLY counts. So, Duluth Skyline Volleyball league, be prepared for the upset of the century!! Muuuah haha...

Above is one of our raaaainy day games...clearly this is prior to the deluge.

Our powerhouse girls: me, and Sarah, Angie, and Brandy (all nurses at Lakewalk Surgery center)

And the boys (who are dwarfed by tall Tom, who can block the ball without his feet leaving the ground...), Josh, Tom, Dennis and Chris. Chris is a STUD with his diving and eats the sand on a weekly basis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!!