Thursday, September 25, 2008

"I'll Have An Awesome Blossom, Please. Extra Awesome."

It's Thursday, and this is a fabulous Thursday!

First, I didn't substitute today (hence the glee in my writing.) :) And Chris got home early, which is always a nice surprise.

Secondly, our new dining table arrived today! Now, I just have to make sure Chris doesn't get stressed out assembling it...because that could turn "fabulous Thursday" into "terribly tense and frustrating Thursday". No one wants THAT!

And, I know all of you have been holding your breath for the results of our volleyball tournament after this post. Just a recap...we won about 7 of our 48+ games throughout the season. But at Playoff time, something crazy and magical happened...we became this invincible team- going into our final game of the tournament as the ONLY undefeated team. And this Cinderella story has a happy ending- we are officially the 2008 Skyline Volleyball Champions! Today, we're basking in victory, sporting our winning t-shirts, and wondering what the heck happened.

Finally, this entry wouldn't be complete without mentioning the Thursday event we've been looking forward to since May: The return of The Office! That, and Coldstone Creamery's free ice cream tonight makes for a perfect date night!

I hope your day was terrific, too!

6 comments:

Becky said...

A Shameless Plug:
As a long-time volunteer for the Make a Wish Foundation, I feel obligated to point out that it is not ONLY free ice cream night at Cold Stone (YAY!), but it is also their annual fundraiser for Make a Wish. This is a FABULOUS organization and I have been able to witness the amazing things they do for kids with life-threatening illnesses firsthand. So stop by and get your free ice cream and consider donating a couple of dollars to support Make a Wish in your community!

P.S. Free ice cream AND The Office = Best. Day. Ever.

bobby said...

So did the Wedding "Stavenger Hunt" loser for this month have to send you on a date night or something? If so, I think Coldstone tonight would be a great idea for them. And it's only off by one day! ;)

Jamie Stavenger said...

Consider it donated, Becky :) And the ice-cream was YUMMY!

Sarah said...

The office was great! :-) I love that table!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for your Extra Awesome day!!

Michael: Nonono, no, no, I don't want to hear moaning. This is a good day. You guys accomplished something big. You lost a ton of weight, literally. A lot of weight. And I don't care what any stupid scale says. You guys are all gigantic losers.

Anonymous said...

I missed most of The Office and ER season premiers. My Dish Netork service kept going out, but only NBC!!! What's up with that??? I wonder if anyone else in Stockton experienced the same thing? GRRRRRR.