Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Wreck of the Day.

I was in a Martha-Stewart-eat-your-heart-out mood last night...making my own BBQ sauce for sandwiches and whipping up a little peach cobbler for dessert. Those golden peaches looked beautiful when they came out of the oven, but the whole thing looked a little, um, "liquid-y". I thought this would rectify itself by cooling for a few minutes. Not so much. It's then I went back to the recipe card and connected the dots; I neglected to include flour, salt, AND baking soda. Whhhhoooops!

Speaking of wrecks, Angela turned me on to this website, which features professional cakes-gone-bad. Equally as entertaining as the horrific cakes pictured is the hilarious commentary with them. It's worth a read!


That's all for today...
I'm off to give that peach cobbler another shot at life.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think if you find a recipe for the peach cobbler that includes adding dry tapioca mix, you can omit the flour and it tastes a bit better. Even if you're not a tapioca fan it's really good! Doesn't taste like the pudding, just gives it a nice texture! :-)

Anonymous said...

The cakes-gone-bad are too hilarious (and so sadly bad!). The one that did me in was the "Kermit" watermelon. Then I read the commentary and about fell off my chair. Too funny- Had to shut it down, couldn't take any more.

How was Cobbler #2? At least a liquid cobbler is better than the liquid meatloaf I made as a newlywed. As you know, Dad loves that story! ;)