Friday, August 01, 2008

Makin' Pizza

I've tried Boboli.
And Freshetta.
And Tombstone.
And Dominoes.
But I've never made pizza from SCRATCH and thought this is a challenge I'd like to undertake. In fact, I've never made anything of a dough-y substance before, so this was a whole new ballgame for me. Chris and I found this awesome recipe for a barbeque-chicken and gouda pizza...on the grill. Yesterday I started early in the day letting the dough rise and putting together the sauce. I was excited for Chris to come home so we could get everything on the grill. 5 p.m., 6 p.m., 7 p.m...still not home (he was on call for surgery this day). I almost gave up hope and resorted to a good grilled cheese sandwich when he called and said he was on his way home. GREAT! Let's fire it up!! And the official review from Chris was "it's like sex in my mouth." So I guess he liked it ;)

Doing the prep work (and taking advantage of our great deck, too!)

Throwin' the pizzas on the grill.

And....tada! This pie was quickly devoured by my husband.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knowing that your husband referred to something as being like sex in your mouth creeps me out a little.

Jamie Stavenger said...

But I have to give him credit for his clear communication! There's definitely no question that he liked it. A lot. ;)

LynzMiller said...

That's got to be the best quote I've heard in a very long time! :):)
Good job on the pizza, I'm very impressed and it looks good too. Hmm, I feel like pizza now.