Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Super Sucky Holiday Weekend.


It's Labor Day weekend! We should be doing something fun, like...going to the lake, or "grilling out", or camping. Instead, we're chained to Duluth because Chris is on-call all weekend. That means he's a slave of the pager, and so far his schedule is working out like this:
Saturday- work.
Sunday- work.
Monday- work.

Now, Chris left before 7 a.m. this morning, and we won't be home till nearly midnight (no thanks to the boozers who smash themselves up on 4-wheelers...). I'm almost beside myself trying to figure out things to do. The house is clean. I've checked MySpace and Facebook a million times (someone post new pictures or something!). I walked around the block...twice. I watched all my recorded episodes of Oprah. I went grocery shopping. I even cooked cinnamon rolls from SCRATCH, people!! I survived today, but if Chris has another 17 hour work-day tomorrow, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself (beyond going to church...alone). Such is the life of a P.A. wife. *sigh*

Help me pass the time. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm..............here's an idea! Why don't you listen to old CrossWalk recordings (y'know, the rough monitor mix recordings....). Good times. That'll kill some time........

Anonymous said...

Alphabetize your soup cans?

http://alberico.net said...

Do you have the ability to record?

I say take advantage of the emotion you're feeling and write some hit songs, put them up on the itunes and make a bunch of money.

Or so you're friends who miss hearing you sing could hear you sing and play that keyboard! :)

Jamie Stavenger said...

I only have one soup can, soooo...Cream of Chicken. Done.

Anonymous said...

If you only had a dog....hmmmmmm.