Monday, August 18, 2008

I Guess I'm a Twins Fan Now! Sorry, Dad.

Hi friends!
I realize I was a bad, bad blogger last week (wrist slap!). I was just so excited about all of our impending weekend fun! We received tickets to a Twins game, as well as a hotel stay in Minneapolis for our wedding. So, we treated it as an extended honeymoon and had a great time in the Twin Cities!

We stayed with Chris' aunt and uncle on Friday night, and they gave us a lovely tour of the city. We especially enjoyed a stop at Grand Ole Creamery, one of the nation's best ice cream parlors. We always enjoy visiting with them, and are grateful for their hospitality.

Saturday was our day out in the city, and no trip to Minneapolis is complete without a visit to the nation's largest mall! But we weren't there to shop. Chris wanted to school me in miniature golf...which he did. Have no fear, I shall rise again!! I was easily consoled when we stumbled across a CHIPOTLE in the mall- it literally brought a tear to my eye. That barbacoa never tasted so good.

Later in the evening, we enjoyed a lovely dinner in downtown Minneapolis.

Our hotel was kind enough to provide us with a "romance package" of Champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries. Then they were kind enough to send up a a second "romance package," which we kindly accepted :) I wonder if they've figured out their error yet...

Sunday brought us to the Metrodome to see the Twins take on the Mariners. It was quite the showdown, and very exciting for my first Twins experience. I appreciated the climate control in the dome, as opposed to sitting in the sun at Angel's stadium, or freezing from the Bay breeze in San Francisco.

Chris is very focused when he's watching the game...

...so I told him to look a little more excited to be here!

There we are, in all of our Twins Country glory.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being a Twins fan isn't so bad but never, ever, never give up being a 49er fan. I would hate for you to loose God's favor.

Anonymous said...

You shed a tear? I had to hide you so people wouldn't think I was being mean to you because you were crying more than "one tear". I'm glad you enjoyed the Chipotle as well as me whooping up on you in mini-golf!!! Bring it!

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

You're having Twins???


hahah
The West Edmonton Mall takes out Mall O America anyday.

Angela said...

Mark got that same tear in his eye when I told him a Chipotle opened here in Charlotte (and now there's more than one!).

And I will shed that tear when Heidi, Marisa and I walk into The Coffee Bean later this week. Catherine and I leave tomorrow morning for CA.

Glad you were able to have a fun getaway!

Jamie Stavenger said...

Don't say such things, Jason. We wouldn't want to jinx anything. (Knock on wood!)

Jamie Stavenger said...

MOM! You need to proofread dad's comments so he doesn't make silly spelling errors (see above).

Eric said...

There is sadness in my heart.