Monday, August 25, 2008

This Girl's No Draft Dodger!


The first thing I thought when we left for Chris' hometown of Moorhead, MN on Friday was "Oh no...I forgot to blog today! That means Chris' underwear is going to be up all weekend!" Poor Chris.

Our purpose in traveling 4.5 hours across the state was to take part in the 2008 Stavball Fantasy Football Draft. Ahhh, any girl's dream weekend getaway. :) Pre-draft, Chris and "the guys" went golfing (which, Chris adds is "the best round of golf he's ever played in his life") while I spent the morning pampered with a pedicure at the spa. (Hey...a girl's gotta have her fun, too!)

The football draft was a grueling 4-hour process (with a pizza break in the middle), but I was happy to be part of the action this year as the auctioneer and co-owner of team Brown Chick & Brown Cow. Now, I don't know a lot about football, but I think we have a pretty nice looking starting lineup. GO TEAM!

Brown Chick and Brown Cow represent.

Jake seems to think his #1 'stache will lead his team to victory.

There is some serious pizza consuming going on here.

The finale of the draft called for a night out! Here, Chris' brother, Brian, does his best impression of the aloof man at the bar.

2 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

OK I just have to state that anytime the use of "Fantasy" followed by some sport is brought up, i can't help but to laugh!

If you've seen Knocked Up then you'll have a better visual representation of what i'm saying.

Go Team! :)

Becky said...

I must say I am very proud to see you representing Pacific in the last photo.