Thursday, August 07, 2008

Asses and Llamas and Goats...ohhhhh my!


With Chris off work today, we got out and enjoyed the beautiful weather by visiting the Lake Superior Zoo! The last zoo we visited was in San Diego- the mothership of all zoos- so this one paled in comparison. But for a little zoo in Duluth, it was pretty enjoyable! It had most of the animals you'd come to see, minus all the weird birds and stuff. Fine with me.

Moments after this photo was taken, the snapping turtle SN-APPED at Chris...he wouldn't go near it the rest of the day. I think he has post-traumatic stress from the gorilla charging him at the SD zoo. I just sit back and laugh.

The lioness let us get up close and personal.

The polar bear did a whole lot of nothing, but sure was cute (and probably feels right at home here in the winter!!)

Of course, we had to swing by the petting zoo (for Chris). Take note of his ear-to-ear smile in these pictures.

Like a kid in a candy shop (except candy shops don't require anti-bacterial soap at the end of the visit. And they smell a LOT better.)

Chris had a special bond with this donkey. So much so that the donkey literally cried when he left. (And believe me...that is a loud, unpleasant sound!)

I'd much rather hang out with stuffed things that don't smell. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That snapping turtle scared me to death. Yes, I am still traumatized by the big gorilla rushing right at me in San Diego. Good thing the petting zoo was open to make me a happy camper once again.

Anonymous said...

What no monkeys?

Jamie Stavenger said...

Oh, there were monkeys. Lots of them. Do you want a picture of every animal at the zoo? I thought I'd spare you :)