Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Why Did You Choose Those Earrings?


Today, we shook things up at the Stavenger household...JAMIE left for work before Chris! Actually, it was a precursor to "work". I had to go through the necessary HR presentation on safety, sexual harassment, payroll, etc. before jumping into my substitute teaching position come September. It's a grueling process- getting all the required paperwork filled out for this and that. But, God was dropping all kinds of blessings on me in the process. Let me share.

1. Our orientation was scheduled to end at noon. However, the HR ladies forgot about a union meeting they were to attend at 11:30. Thus, the sexual harassment and special resources presentations "had to be cut short". They apologized for this, but I don't understand why. We ended up finishing at 11. Score one!

2. We couldn't leave until our paperwork was processed. There were about 20 people in line ahead of me. But then another HR worker came to help and opened up a new table. You should have seen me get on THAT- I was so stealth. Front of the line. Awesome.

3. I got to have lunch with my favorite husband at the hospital today.

4. And I found $20 bucks on the ground. YEEEAHHH!

So, all in all, not a bad start to my educational career in this town. OH, as for the title of this post, I don't think I heard a word of the presentation today because I was too busy wondering why that lady was wearing a red, white, blue and silver outfit with those dangling, diamond-shaped brass earrings with the green stone in the middle. Why?

3 comments:

Deborah. said...

20 dollars!? lucky!

Anonymous said...

OH GREAT! Now you're going to be sexually harassing people all over Minnesota, and those poor people have that woman to thank for it. THANKS LADY!

Jamie Stavenger said...

My husband just said, "you can sexually harass me anytime". Pffft!