Monday, May 21, 2007

Randoms

Hi friends. Welcome back.

If you're looking to read an introspective and/or wildly entertaining posting today, read no further. I'm functioning at a capacity that ranks slightly above comatose, so my entry today will be....well....I have no idea. We'll see where it goes from here! I'll attempt to catch some of my butterfly thoughts for you.

1. Last night, I finished a paper on brain research theory and it's role in the cognitive development of children. I SHOULD say, rather, that I finished it this morning....at 2:00 a.m. Hmm. If someone researched MY brain right now, they would find that it now utilizes the Starbucks Caffe Mocha solely as fuel.

2. Today, I'm wearing heels for the first time in a few weeks. I've really been a champion of the ballerina-slipper type of flat lately. When walking to my car this morning, I felt like a baby horse (or...insert any animal with legs, I guess) taking it's first steps. Sheesh. So out of practice!

3. Why do I close the bathroom door when there is clearly no one home? Additionally, I LOCK the door every time. Is this just a habit, or do I have some crazy fear subconciously underlying my actions? Please don't spend too much time thinking about that one. I'm kinda embarrassed that I typed it in the first place.

4. I hate Senior Petitions. Eric...you can empathize with me here.

5. Tonight is the final installment of Jack Bauer's Day 6 adventure, and I'll MISS IT. Because I'll be playing Pomp and Circumstance on Wednesday for Biola's MA ceremony, our Downey worship rehearsal was moved to tonight. In the words of Jack Bauer, "Dammit!" Have fun tonight, all you 24 lovers!

6. Aw, crap. I need to learn Pomp and Circumstance.

7. Yesterday was super fun times at Downey. Baptisms, a hilarious video of two girly men (ahem...Trotter and Lytle) facing their fears of snakes and spiders, and a wicked awesome worship set that included Salvador's "Those Who Trust" and Tomlin's "On Our Side." Aw, yeah- throw your hands up in the air, church.

8. I turn the big 3-0 in 19 DAYS, people! You may start sending presents now. : )

9. It's been too long since I've seen my Nor Cal friends. You guys seriously need to start taking some vacations to Southern California!! And, yes. It's NOR CAL, not "NO CAL". I see where you're coming from with that argument, but I refuse to embrace it. So there.

Well, I suppose I should go. I have 70 folders that need to be stuffed with Livescan Instructions. What would they do without me here? : ) Have a lovely Monday, you beautiful people. Feeling generous? Leave some love (or add to the randomness of this posting) here!

5 comments:

bobby said...

I can't believe you're missing 24 tonight. I am incredibly disappointed in you. I'm sure you could have found a creative solution.

Rachel and I will be at our pastor's house for a "Bauer-Q." Get it? ;)

isellseals said...

i can't believe i missed everyone throwing their hands in the air! I'M SO SAD!!!!

(and almost welcome to the 30s. we should have our own club)

Becky Lou said...

As far as the bathroom door, I say it's a toss up between a deep seeded fear or a neurotic narcissism. Welcome to the 30's. :)

Anonymous said...

At least you have a bathroom door. We just hang a sheet from the ceiling.

Anonymous said...

Coincidentally, I saw a survey that addressed that very issue of locking the bathroom door. 72% of the respondents said that they close and lock the bathroom door even though they are home alone.