Friday, May 11, 2007

"You Just Gots To Get Your Freak On"


Good episode last night- watching Andy float away in his sumo-suit may have been the highlight of my week.
Here are some more memorable quotes from The Office, "Beach Day":

Michael: It was never my intention to ruin a life. But you know what? Sometimes, you just gots to get your freak on.

Michael: I would like you to take notes. And I want you to find out about people’s character. Not their hotness, per se, but their humor, and their charisma, and the indefinable quality that makes you all glad to follow me.

Michael: Today, we are not just spending a day at the beach.
Stanley: Oh sweet mother of god.
Michael: If you don’t like it, Stanley, you can go to the back of the bus.
Stanley: Excuse me?
Michael: Or the front of the bus. Or drive the bus.

Michael: We are situated on the northeast corner of scenic Lake Scranton. America’s eighth largest indigenous body of water.

Michael: Jim Halpert. Pros: smart, cool, good-looking. Remind you of anybody you know? Cons: not a hard worker. I can spend all day on a project, and he will finish the same project in a half an hour. So that should tell you something.

Pam: There’s nothing better than a beautiful day at the beach, filled with sun, surf, and uh … diligent note-taking.

Stanley: I would rather work for an upturned broom with a bucket for a head than work for somebody else in this office besides myself. Game on

Jim: Oh my god, I have never seen that look in a man’s eyes … ever. I thought that I might die. On beach day.

Andy: Go tell them I’m floating away, obviously!
Angela: I don’t understand what you want from me.
Andy: Angela, it’s pretty simple. Look at what I’m doing, and go tell somebody it!
Angela: Sorry! Bye, Andy!
Andy: Angela!

Michael: The mind has to wrap around … the foot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael: What happens to a company if somebody takes the boss away? I will answer your question with a question. It's like what happens to a chicken when you take its head away. It dies. I need to see which one of these people has the skills to be a chicken head.