Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Stay Away from Stripes.


So, I've been wanting a new mousepad (okay...A mousepad) for my office for a while, but being very particular about what design will lie in my eyeline all day long, it's been a long, arduous search. While on an outing to Borders books, I found what I thought was a tasteful, yet whimsical mousepad. This morning, I excitedly packed it with my bookbag, anxious to see how it would flavorfully adorn my desk. So, here it sits at my immediate right. But not for long.

Turns out that my laser-led mouse (sans roller) can't handle all the activity of the stripes (see above), and my cursor appears to be overstimulated. I haven't figured out which color trips it up, but occasionally my cursor will take a field-trip to the upper right corner of my monitor without my permission, or break a quick left leaving me confused. Forget detail editting...it doesn't stay still enough to peg the right spot. Though it's pretty, it certainly isn't functional.

Guess it's back to the drawing board.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe just maybe you should turn it sideways, Your pointer is hiding because vertical stipes make you look fatter. Dont you watch Tyra...

Jamie Stavenger said...

Haaaa ha ha. Except you've got it backwards. HORIZONTAL stripes make you look fatter. And this is straight from TLC's "What Not To Wear." Regardless, you crack me up!

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

I think your mouse has a wee case of ADHD.

Did Lytle give you the CD I conveniently burned for you?

Anonymous said...

I got one from Borders with brightly colored polka dots. It does the same thing. I think its the reflective surface of the pad. I just flipped it over and use the black side. A pain, but will do until I get a new one.