Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Here we are....Face to Face...

...A couple of Silver Spoons...
(You're singing the theme song in your head right now, aren't you?)

Yes, a return to nostalgia as two of my favorite things in life have finally collided: Jack Bauer and Ricky Schroder (all grown up, of course). Ricky has come a long way from the Race Car Bed and Living-Room-Locomotive-Transit-System of Silver Spoons, and has now made his mid-season debut as 24's newest abrasive CTU operative, Mike Doyle. He's quickly becoming the agent to hate (geez...don't give him any "lip!"), which means- as precedent goes- he'll be our hero in approximately 4 hours. They're running out of people to kill, after all.

Meh. You can dress him up and send him out on some dangerous field ops, but he'll always be little Ricky Stratton to me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet he doesn't live through the season. If they killed "Rudy" last year then no one is safe.
P.S. Thanks for adding me to your blogroll, I added you to mine. You are my only friend who has a blog so for now you have your own section. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I noticed in the show credits his name is RICK Schroder. But we all know he is Ricky!

Anonymous said...

man you are old

Jamie Stavenger said...

Hey Enriqe...that's not nice!! :)

photoqueen said...

That's not nice! We are all so young. I was just going to say that I would run and hide when Silver Spoons came on because I had such a crush on him and I thought he could see me! lol...I love RICKY schroder, I also had a crush on Schroder from the peanuts, but that's a different Oprah.