Monday, August 27, 2007

Um, do you KNOW what time it is?!


Sunday, 3:17 a.m.: (ring ring) Jamie looks at her cell phone, which luminates the pre-dawn darkness of the bedroom. The number on the screen reads +639164290 something something something... My barely conscious brain tries to make sense of this information. Phone numbers shouldn't start with plus signs. I'll choose to let this one go.

Sunday, 3:20 a.m.: (ring ring) Confused eyebrows. Is this really the same number that just called me? NO, I am NOT going to answer my phone. (places phone on nightstand and holds pillow over head).

Sunday, 3:41 a.m.: (ring ring) UGHHHHHH!!! Are you kidding me? I'd turn off my ringer, but my phone is my acting alarm clock for the time being. DANG the phone!! And DANG the person from Timbuktu who insists on disturbing my slumber!!!

Sunday, 3:46 a.m.: (ring ring) Al-RIGHT!!!!Jamie grabs the phone with a vengence and answers the call.
Jamie: "Heeeeellllo???????"
Total Stranger: (silence)
Jamie: "HeLLLLOOOO!!"
Total Stranger: "Hello? Hello?"
Jamie: "YES?"
Total Stranger: "Emee-ly"?
Jamie: "Huh? Emily? There's no Emee-ly here."
Total Stranger: ((click))

Well, thank you for that. I'm glad we got that cleared up. At least my cell phone minutes are free at 3 a.m.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you saved have that number on your cellphone, google it and see anything comes up.

Be careful, there are unregulated international phone companys that run scams. When you answer the call, you are charged extremely high rates for the call, even if you didn't initiate the call.

Keep an eye on your next cellphone bill.

Anonymous said...

Its Monday and I haven't had my coffee yet. The first paragraph should have read:

If you saved that number on your cellphone, google it and see if anything comes up.

Jamie Stavenger said...

Great. Cuz I need more ISSUES with my cell phone bill.