Monday, August 06, 2007

All Things Left Coast

Ok- the last entry was feeling really long (I know...it's a lot of pictures) so I had to split it in two. This, therefore, is the second half of the fun....beginning with day 4 of our trip.

Chris and I purchased tickets to SPIRIT WEST COAST quite a while ago, and were excited to see one of our favorites- Leeland- at the concert. When I received the wristbands, however, I was informed that Leeland had been rescheduled for Friday. MAJOR bummer, but it didn't stop us from enjoying TobyMac, Todd Agnew, Sanctus Real and Switchfoot live on the stage.


TobyMac brings the funk.

I also ran into my old roommate, Heather, at the show...and rubbed shoulders with good friend Jack Paper (no photo...he's way too famous for that! ha ha).

Switchfoot....Daring me to move.

DAY 5...the final day of my vacation began with seeing friends Bobby and Rachel Marchessault (and of course, Caleb) at their new church in Santa Cruz. (If you peruse Bobby's blog, you may see a cameo by yours truly on the Worship Confessional.)



Following church, we all had lunch on the Santa Cruz pier, with a great view of the Beach Boardwalk. (Ahhhh, this takes me back a few years to all those high school youth retreats....)




On the LONG DRIVE HOME, we spent some time on Highway 1, which travels along the ocean through Big Sur and Morro Bay- there were several times we had to pull over and enjoy the spectacular views.


Ahhh, California.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it's time for Piano Lessons...