Monday, July 30, 2007

Temecula Ain't So Bad!

Hi friends! Thanks for stopping by...
Here's some new pics for ya (if I don't get them up now, I never will!) Last weekend, Phil & Roxeanne, Stephen & Steph and I cruised the Temecula Wine country. Our mission was simple: Teach Stephen and Steph "the ropes" of wine tasting (never been before!) and find a wine that we love!

Our first stop offered tasty Almond Champagne. I opted for the extra sweet treat of port wine in a chocolate shotglass...the port was a little (a lot) too sweet for me, but the chocolate cup sure was yummy!

The sun didn't spare us...it was a SCORCHER at over 90 degrees.

Phil is gonna have to help me remember the names of these places...I DO know that this winery had recently upgraded from a mobile home to an actual building. I give this wine a rating of.....meh.

THEN, we arrived at Mount Palomar for lunch and some more tastings. First, however, we enjoyed the billions of statues strewn around the exterior of the winery.

Victory de Stephencorns

Angelic, isn't she?

Calling it a day. Awww, look....Everyone is happy :)

2 comments:

isellseals said...

i love temecula's wine country! the ponte winery is one of my favorites!

Michelle Lasch said...

What an amazing trip! I'm jealous. I never knew this existed so close.