Monday, July 16, 2007

Nothing.


Q: How was your weekend, Jamie?
J: Grrrrrreat! Thanks for asking!
Q: Glad to hear it! What did you do?
J: Nothing.
Q: I'm sorry. What was that?
J: Nothing. I did nothing.
Q: Wow! That's so NOT you!
J: I know. And I did nothing on purpose, too.
Q: When you say "nothing", what do you mean?
J: I mean, I propelled myself into the anti-schedule and enjoyed my home all weekend.
Q: This is a phenomenal thought! So...you just, what? Sat around?
J: Well, I did get a FEW things accomplished. I did some laundry, made my own meals, watched some T.V., rocked some personal time with God, read a chapter of my book, talked some with Chris on the phone...you know. Stuff like that.
Q: I see. Anything good on T.V. these days?
J: Meh. I flipped back and forth between TLC's "What Not To Wear" and "America's Next Top Model". Both were running marathons. (giggle giggle)
Q: Why do you giggle?
J: I know Chris is cringing right now. (smile)
Q: You made your own meals?
J: I KNOW! I am SOOO Martha Stewart minus the conviction!! I even went grocery shopping for the first time in ages!
Q: Well, now, THERE'S an experience! Any favorite purchases?
J: I got some breaded chicken breasts and some killa BBQ sauce- I'm a sucker for the food samples at Trader Joes. They can sell me anything.
Q: So, is that the only time you left your house?
J: Of course not, silly. I had to be at church on Sunday morning, but I also met up with Jessie for dinner one night and Cheri for coffee. It was good girlfriend time. And it didn't stop there! I treated myself to an ice-cream at Coldstone Creamery. Did you know that they can use the waffle cone as a mix-in?
Q: I did not.
J: SO good. Then I went home and watched a couple chick flicks. It was great.
Q: Any "down" sides to the weekend?
J: Sure. My new neighbors downstairs are bachelors with too much beer and too much VOLUME. I'm kind of missing the loud family that lived there before. At least I didn't have to listen to satellite football day in and day out.
Q: Are you feeling refreshed?
J: Indeed. You should try it sometime, Q.
Q: Note taken. And now, you are off to...
J: Update my blog. I've been putting it off FAR too long.
Q: I look forward to reading it.
J: That's why I do it. (wink)

No comments: