Thursday, April 05, 2007

Time of Death: 9:04 p.m.



Beep.....beep.....beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....
That's right.
With low B, low C, middle A, middle C#, middle D, middle D#, high A, high C, and high E all now out of commission, my keyboard was pronounced dead last night. The RD-500 served for 10 years as my trusty keyboard for ministry, weddings, and shows. Roland, I'll miss your perfectly weighted keys, fabulous piano sound, and wonderful memories of years gone by. I will NOT miss your jenky strings patch, your faulty input jack that requires DUCT TAPE, the mode keys that now take two or three presses as opposed to just ONE, or the aforementioned MISSING KEYS. Come to think of it, good riddance.

6 comments:

Will said...

You can actually SEE the broken keys in the picture! how sad.

btw, thanks for including me in the zzzzzzzz's list on your last post (after Bobby called me out). I feel so special. Well, sort of. EOD.

http://alberico.net said...

tomorrow... tomorrow... you'll get a new one tomorrow... it's (now) less than a day away...

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwe! The RD has been through so much. I'll miss it too. I hope you're still considering the Fantom X8. It's one mighty fine piece of gear. And......it doesn't have a junky string patch. It has a freaking AWESOME string patch!!

Kevin said...

you should totally get one of those Keytars!! It's always cool rockin it on stage with a Keytar!!

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

I have a friend who has multiple Moog "keytars."

What about a Theremin
or I have a Casio SKB you can use.
jason

Anonymous said...

The fact that you used the word "jenky" to describe your now deceased keyboard, WARMS my heart:)

How was the inaugural service?

-Heidi