Thursday, April 26, 2007

Manna From Heaven...the Low-Carb Edition


Yesterday, I neglected to bring my checkbook to school in order to re-stock my Biola lunch card. Having no cash on me, I was really in a quandry about how to obtain lunch! I could have travelled off campus and used my ATM card, but parking here is a nightmare- especially midday- and I wasn't feeling generous enough to give up my highly-coveted spot. So, I grabbed the couple dollars in change that I had in my desk drawer and my nearly-empty Biola lunch card, and hoped that would fare me some kind of sustenance.

I happened upon a HUGE white tent on Metzger lawn, where the Biola Heath Center was conducting a Health Fair...COMPLETE with FREE FOOD! Look at how God provides! Granted I had to brave the Gardenburger and wild-rice salad (it IS a health fair, after all), but I figure that's what God wanted me to eat yesterday. It wasn't bad, but next time I'd prefer manna in the form of...chicken sandwiches and caesar salad.

Beggars can't be choosers, right?

2 comments:

isellseals said...

hurray for provision!

but i do prefer a gardenburger (the right kind, some can be kinda dry) to the stuff that can give you mad cow.

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

I love free food.

But what is the greatest is to take a burger and a gardenburger and combine their forces, that way you get your veggies and meat all rolled into one.