Friday, November 30, 2007

The Best of California Tour Continues...

Hi all!
If it seems like I've been a slacker this week, it's not without good reason. I'm MOVING. Well...I MOV-ED, and I'll blog about that saga later (I'm still too steamed to construct cohesive thought on that one). In the meantime, I've been reading about everyone's lovely holiday weekend, and realized I haven't yet put up picture of my own!

The weekend kicked off with Revolution's annual Thanksgiving Eve worship service. Elijah, Keith and I led the music portion of the evening, and as a congregation we were able to draw attention to the marvelous ways God has been moving among us this year. He is faithful to satisfy every need :)

Thanksgiving day was a slight fiasco...no different from most of Chris' flights (he doesn't have the best of luck with the airlines). A mechanical issue grounded his plane in Duluth, causing him to miss his Minneapolis connection to Sacramento (where we were scheduled to arrive at the same time). After being re-routed to SAC through LAX, we finally connected (though Chris was still missing his luggage) and headed to Turlock for Thanksgiving festivities (a mere six hours late). Sadly, we missed Grandma's thanksgiving feast, but she had saved us a plate. The Pickle family was kind enough to wait for us so they could meet Chris (thanks, Brad!)...and Mallory had drawn us a beautiful picture for the celebration. Sweetness.


Friday we spent some time in Yosemite and were thankful for the BEAUTY of God's creation. The waterfalls were less than stunning due to the water shortage, but the rocks didn't disappoint! We got some great views of Half Dome and El Capitan.




After our drive-through tour of the Yosemite, we stopped in Fresno to enjoy the long-haired splendor of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and the melt-your-face-off-AMAZING pyrotechnic production.


Saturday it was back to wedding planning as I searched for a dress (and FOUND ONE!) while Chris played golf with the boys. Don't expect any spoilers on here...you will be disappointed! My girls (Kim, Christa and Karen) were a big help in the process.

In the evening, we were off to our Reception site (courtesy of our friends' backyard) to look around and do some visual planning. Here's a sneak peak...



As for Chris, this was his last trip to California for quite some time. I hope he was able to soak up enough sunshine to last him through the cold, cold winter in Duluth! Meanwhile, I'm grateful for the time I have left here in this beautiful state. Next adventure....coming soon!

No comments: