Monday, November 19, 2007

The (Wonderful?) World of Politics


My blogging was admittedly a bit sparce last week due to all of my energy being invested in coordinating the 4th annual Emerging Leader's Institute for Biola. Last Thursday, all my planning paid off...it was a well-executed day, with several surprises on the itinerary, including a visit to Arnold Schwarzenegger's inner office! Not many people can say they have SEEN his "Conan" sword, proudly on display amongst pictures of Maria and an extensive cigar collection.

I won't bore you with the details, but it was an intriguing day of conversation with some of California's key players in educational policy making, including Governor Schwarzenegger's special assistant for Education, the Undersecretary of Education for the Governor, and the assistant Superintendent of the CA State Dept of Education.

Of course, I had to snap some photos of the fall colors to remind myself that it IS indeed autumn...sometimes I forget that down here, as I tromp around in my flip flops...



(I hope you notice that I'm trying to be a little more "artsy" with my picture taking...for your enjoyment, of course!)

No comments: