Friday, May 19, 2006

Love, Love Me Don't?


Alright, I feel a little bit sacrilegious posting this, but for lack of other creative content, I dedicate this backhanded homage to the greatest composer of all time...Sir Paul McCartney. My mom and I saw the musical legend perform in Las Vegas last November. I'm still shaking off the goosebumps when I listen to "Live and Let Die" and "Maybe I'm Amazed." For my mom, who was a Paul McCartney fan from the original inception of the infamous group, this was the climax of years of Beatle's fan-dom. For the generation that studied The Beatles in Music Appreciation classes (mine), it was rock history coming alive.

After all those compliments, now I don't feel so bad for this: In light of Sir Paul McCartney's separation from his wife of four years, former model and anti-landmine advocate Heather Mills, we submit these TOP 10 revised titles for your approval...
 
10) We Can't Work It Out
9) It Isn't Getting Better All the Time
8) You Say Goodbye, and I Say Goodbye
7) Got to Get You Out of My Life
6) And I Don't Love Her
5) Can't please please me
4) She Doesn't Love You, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
3) I Don't Feel Fine
2) Live and Let the Marriage Die
and...(drumroll, please)
1) I Want to Hold Your Alimony Check

Anybody have another suitable addition to the list? Or, just want to berate me for my irreverant entry?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA back to you! Your blog entries never fail to amuse, inspire and entertain.

Anonymous said...

GENIUS!!!!!!!

bobby said...

I hear she's HOPPING mad about the whole thing. (Get it?) I guess she'll just have to put her BEST FOOT forward and move on. She should have a LEG UP on the competition I guess.

There's something else irreverent so you don't feel so bad. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie. You don't know me and I think I only met you once when you played at a wedding ceremony at the chapel at UOP, and I was the sound tech. I am on the tech team for Children's Worship at FBC, and I was also Kirk Massey's boss at UOP before he went Blue on us :) .

Anyway, I linked here from Mikey and Christa's blog. I have to agree with your mom's comment here that your blog entries are amusing, inspiring, and entertaining. I have been reading your blog for a few months now but have never left a comment until now.

The Lord gave you such an amazing gift for writing that you could be a successful Lifestyles writer for a newspaper or magazine. It has become a ritual of mine to check in here periodically just to read your inspiring messages or get a chuckle or two.

Keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

I like what DanCambell said and I agree wholeheartly with him. Love Grandma

Jamie Stavenger said...

Thanks Dan! I appreciate your affirmation!

Jamie Stavenger said...

...and Bobby...I'm handing you the guilt torch after that! Thanks for your contribution!

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»