Monday, May 08, 2006

Lady is 80!

Hi all, and thanks for stopping by. This was a whirlwind weekend of activity and air travel for me! I flew up to Sacramento on Friday night in order to surprise my grandmother (Lady Laudine Pickle-Petersen-McBeath) at her 80th birthday party on Saturday. We assembled in Turlock, CA for the celebration, which included family and friends from near and far. I was able to share with many of them about my life in Long Beach, and my impending trip to North Africa. Pickle family functions are always infused with ridiculous skits, laughter, and the communal singing of "Country Roads." Later, I enjoyed dinner at Stockton's Garlic Brothers Restaraunt with JD and Chris, followed by some victorious rounds of "Speed Scrabble."

On Sunday, I flew back to Long Beach to serve on the Worship Team at Revolution for the first time. It was great being a part of worship leading again. Then, it was off to Fullerton for a meeting about the cultural differences between America and Morocco, in preparation for my trip. God is good...especially seen on days like this where I am depending on Him to infuse supernatural energy in me! Today is Monday, and I'm feeling somewhat of a "spiritual hangover," but coherent enough to bring you some pics from the weekend. Happy Birthday, Grandma!

The Whole Pickle Gang

Jamie and cousins Payton and Mallory

Grandma is serenaded with a rousing chorus of Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»