Friday, October 14, 2011

You've Got a Friend In Me.

Kirby, the Stavenger's family dog, was- without dispute- Kendall's first friend when we moved to Moorhead.  He elicited more smiles and giggles than we could ever coax out of our toddler.  And as soon as Kendall was up on two feet, she would gravitate to Kirby's side and, literally, lay around on him.  Kirby never minded, even seemed to love, the attention (and scraps of food) from this little girl. Here are some of our favorite Kirby moments:









We'll miss you, buddy. 

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I was fine until the very last picture and now the tears are rolling. He was such a great dog!

Heidi said...

I kept the knot in my throat at bay until the last picture(cue tears literally jumping out of my eyes).....and your title had me singing the song in my head while I looked through the pictures and that certainly didn't help. If Kirby was sick it's best she "sleep". Still SO SAD! So sweet how they were buddies.

Sarah said...

Ok, these are about the cutest pictures ever! Gotta love a good Golden, though I am quite partial. May Kirby rest in peace over the rainbow bridge.