Monday, October 17, 2011

Sweet Monday Morsels of Deliciousness

Ohhhhhhhh maaaahhhh gaaaaaahhhh... WHY are these SO. GOOD.!!?
THESE cookies are the reason my doctor is going to scold me at my appointment this week...and I don't care.  I savored every delicious calorie.


PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
(Thanks again, Paula Deen.)

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker choc. chip cookie mix
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)

1.  Heat oven to 375F.  Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.

2.  In large bowl, stir cookie mix, pumpkin, butter, egg, 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice and the salt.  On cookie sheet, drop dough by tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart.

3.  Bake 9 minutes or until set and slightly cracked on top.  Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack;  cool completely.

4.  In a small bowl, stir powdered sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.  Use fine mesh strainer to sprinkle mixture over cookies.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Sigh..how I long for an oven again. I can't even get my hot plate to cooperate with a frying pan. :(