Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weekend with my Valentine

I didn't get a card.
I didn't get flowers.
I didn't get chocolate.
I got something much better:
A weekend away from home, away from mommyhood, to rest and soak in the beauty of the Rockies.
While Grandma Marcia came to care for the Buggin, Chris and I spent the weekend in Colorado Springs.  It was such a surreal feeling traveling without a stroller, without a diaper bag, without a baby in my lap!  I had forgotten what that freedom feels like.  And, ohhhh man, was it nice.  We had two different flight delays on our trip out, causing us to miss a connection.  But we looked at each other and thought "WHO CARES!"  No nap schedule to think about, no fussy baby to entertain.  Delay us all you want...just being alone is a treat.

And at the same time, I missed that little girl like CRAZY.  

Grandma Marcia took over Mommy duties for the weekend!

Our beautiful view of Pike's Peak and Garden of the Gods.

A Valentine's Day visit to the Garden of the Gods.

The "Kissing Camels" got into the Valentine's Day spirit.
Chris with the weight of the "Balancing Rock" on his shoulders.

2 comments:

the husband said...

Thank you for being my Valentine every year! It was so nice being just a "couple" for the weekend and going on adventures like we did when we were dating. It brings those sparks right on back (not that we were lacking much to begin with). Thanks for being such good company in CO! No one else I'd rather be with on Valentine's day than you!

Grandma Marcia said...

I enjoyed my "Little Valentine," too! Thanks!