Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Everything Chris Hates in One Recipe.

Technically, not everything.  But the only thing that would make this recipe worse, in his opinion, would be adding a smattering of diced tomatoes on top.

I, on the other hand, had a craving for stuffed mushrooms yesterday, so I whipped up a batch.  You should have seen Chris' reaction when I asked him to print up the recipe for me:  "Mushrooms!?  I'm not eating that!!"  No, darling, I would never serve you such a thing.  This one was purely for my enjoyment.

Compliments of my awesome friend Amanda, here's a simple recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms.
Or, as Chris would call them, "tiny balls of evil".

*1 lb fresh mushrooms with caps
*1/2 to 1 stick of melted butter
*1 cup bread crumbs
*fresh chopped parsley
*1 Tbs. oil
*1 crushed garlic clove
*1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
*1/2 cup white wine
*1 minced medium onion

Remove mushroom stems and chop.  Place caps on buttered baking sheet and set aside.  Saute' chopped stems, onions and garlic in oil.  Mix other dry ingredients.  Add them to melted butter and wine in a sauce pan and stir together.  Mold a small amount on the cap.  Bake 20 minutes at 350 F.  Eat the leftover stuffing gluttonously (whoops- that's just for me).

Eat warm, preferably in front of your husband as he cringes in disgust :)

7 comments:

Steph Stull said...

Thank you for posting this recipe! I LOVE stuffed mushrooms! :)

Donna said...

Mmmmm. Looks and sounds delish and you know my husband would be cringing, too!

http://alberico.net said...

Try baby bella mushroom next time for some extra tasty!

Angela said...

They sound great! Mark has come a long way in 7 1/2 years. He now will eat almost anything I put in front of him. Maybe there's hope for Chris!

Jamie Stavenger said...

Whoops! I originally typed stuffed tomatoes...it's obviously stuffed mushrooms :)

Emma said...

mmm!! those sound amazing!

Sarah said...

Ah, I LOVE stuffed mushrooms! Matt wouldn't eat any veggies when we first started dating. Now, he pretty much eats anything I put in front of him.

Sometimes I wish he was still a bit picky-- to have more yum to myself! :-)