Friday, December 31, 2010

Welcoming in the New Year

Today, a friend of mine and mom of two wrote "I used to pick out cute dresses to wear on New Year's Eve.  Now, I pick out pajamas."

Looks like we'll be kicking it at home, too- heck, maybe even asleep early for a change.  Chris is the on-call P.A. this weekend (which means we won't be ringing in the new year with bubbly!) and will likely be working tomorrow morning.  And even if he wasn't, we still wouldn't be able to hit up any of the parties we've been invited to because, really, WHO is going to babysit on New Year's Eve!?  (Sure would be nice to have a Grandma or Grandpa nearby for nights like this!)

So, here's what New Year's is going to look like at the Stav house:  I'm slow cooking some BBQ Ribs, cooking up some mashed potatoes, and popping some Strawberry-Champagne Cupcakes in the oven for a sweet treat (because we can't do New Year's Eve without Champagne!).  We are planning on popping in the DVD we just got of Kendall's first birthday party and Christmas Eve festivities, and will likely tune in to see the ball drop in Times Square- if we make it that late.

Here's to kicking up your slippers and cuddling up with a blanket!
We wish you a comfy, cozy New Year!

Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

8 comments:

Karen Neal said...

AND... possibly posting picks of Kendall's first birthday party? Just hoping.

Donna said...

I beat her to it, Karen, check mine. Better pics are coming here soon though, I'm sure.

Jamie, your cozy comfy New Years Eve sounds perfect to me!

photoqueen said...

Also, even if Grandparents are around...they like a new years party, because they used to have to sit home too. :) Here's to home parties with the kids. Love u BFF.

Sarah said...

You stole mt favorite New Years graphic... Blog foul! :-)

http://alifeinvisible.blogspot.com/2010/01/ringin-in.html

Ha ha, I don't really care! Hope you have a great 2011!

Jamie Stavenger said...

LOL, Sarah...actually, when I posted it, I was pretty sure I had used it before. So I looked back in my archives, and sure enough:

http://closetsongs.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=50

That's right...I used it in 2008. Which means that you stole it from me, and I stole it right back! Or...it's time to find a new graphic! haha

Sarah said...

Crap.

Jamie Stavenger said...

LOL! :)

Amelia said...

Though I'm sure no prompting is needed, be sure to tune in around the end of this week for my recap of New Years here; it was..spent slightly differently than yours..though I did stretch it out over about a week. Keep an eye out for it, it's gonna be a good one ;)