Sunday, March 21, 2010

Things That Never Annoyed Me...Until Now.

Shirts that don't button up. Doing the whole lifting-up-three-layers business to allow Kendall to "get her milk on" is getting really old. If I could, I'd live in the easy-access nursing jammies that I'm quickly wearing out.

Lack of drive-thru coffee shops. Starbucks, Caribou...I'll pass if it means I have to unload the baby and reload her- with coffee in hand. I can just see the scalding hot coffee burns across her face.

Venues with no place to nurse. Ugggggghhhhh! Xcel Energy Center, I'm talking to YOU!

Diapers with brightly colored waistbands. Purely for vanity's sake, I'm sure that seeing your diaper through your clothing is the baby equivalent of panty lines. I'm not down with that. Must they all have big bird, Winnie the Pooh (although this one is slightly appropriate), or Muppet Babies strewn across them? Whatever happened to white diapers?

High heels. I've thrown fashion to the wind in lieu of practicality. I tried getting back into the heel this weekend for church, but my feet do NOT thank me for the 20 extra pounds of baby stuff I'm carrying while walking on a Bic pen...and they made me pay for it all night long.

The garage door. Baby's nursery is right above the garage. Baby is usually sleeping when daddy leaves for work...need I say more?

Snaps. I do realize they make the diaper-changing process much more convenient, but I feel like I spend hours of my life just snapping things up! Snapping up her clothes after changing, snapping up after laundry...I'm all snapped out. Bring on the zippers!

Teenagers. Okay, they annoyed me a little. But my annoyance has been amplified by the thought of my daughter becoming one of these self-absorbed, socially retarded creatures. An excursion to the mall the other day had me asking twice for teens to move out of the way since they were blocking the path for the stroller (to which they were totally oblivious). I was greeted with the famous look of disgust, as if I just told them that Zac Efron is NOT the "most gorgeous boy on the planet". Yes, I'm a grown-up now. Those darned kids!!


Here's your chance to add to my list, you cranky old scrooges!

7 comments:

Lori Alberico said...

ooh im with you on all of those -even the garage door thing. Ours is on the other side of Dominics wall.. oh did I mention that so is the washer and dryer!?? Arggg!

In general, I hate people way more than I used to! LOL Today I was reminded, yet again, how much I hate people when I went to put Dom in the car after lugging him into Subway - when all I wanted was a darned sandwich. I had to deal with a cranky, leg kicking 20 month old.. only to find that someone parked about 3cm away from my car when I came back out. Not only do I have to load Dominic on that side but I am also almost 5 months pregnant!!! I cant suck it in anymore people!!!

Jamie Stavenger said...

Ha ha! That is SO true, Lori!

Jenny said...

I love this post! I have felt like an old scrooge for years. ;OP

I'm with you on the whole teenager thing. Especially, ESPECIALLY the young, cool, half-dressed college students who pull out in front me while I'm driving (I mean like 10 feet in front of me!), walk in front of me while I'm driving (come on, didn't your mommy teach you that cars can kill you if you get hit!), and just generally act like the world revolves around them. Bah Humbug!

And people who dislike children; I didn't realize there were so many until I moved into family student housing and lived behind childless couples. Yeah, children are loud and annoying, but you were one once and someone put up with you. And please, don't feel the need to use expletives when my child is playing in a bush because they are "ruining the Earth".

Oh, and people who feel the need to comment when my child is throwing a fit in public. I'm sure your kids were perfect, but mine are human, so I'm sorry.

Exhale. :0)

Kevin said...

it's a shame you didn't tell me about your hatred for zac effron. I could have punched him in the face as he walked past me after getting his picture taken in a special room at the Oscars. well maybe next year?

but i get annoyed seeing the number 8 upside down at the gas stations. odd i know for someone who never uses the Their, There, They're correctly.

Kathy said...

It really bugs me when people walk and text at the same time. Then they actually have the nerve to get annoyed if you do not move out of their path. Collge students are you listening.....

Donna said...

Don't worry - my daughter never turned into a self-absorbed, socially retarded teenager, and neither will yours. Great list, if I had a dollar for every snap I have snapped through the years... :)

mrsuribe said...

You need to become good friends with the people that work at places that don't have a drive-thru. I used to call our local 1 hour photo and they would come out to my car and get my film (before I had a digital camera); Walgreens will let me pick up a few things through their drive up pharmacy window; the Subway in Cerritos used to let me call in my order and bring it to my car when I pulled up. You just need to get resourceful (and extra friendly). Oh, and zippers rock!