Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Remembering Our Hero.

Today marks six months since I lost my brother, Derek. To say that I "lost" him is an interesting statement, since he's not "lost"...I know right where he is. So I'll say instead that six months ago, Derek made his appearance in Heaven. In another sense of the word, I (we) lost his keen wit, courageous smile, and warm concern for others. With Easter right around the corner, I'm so thankful for the reminder that new life awaits those who believe. Thank you, Jesus, for Your resurrection that makes it all possible.

On our trip to California, we had the opportunity to visit Derek's memorial in Turlock. It was Kendall's first visit with Uncle Dizzle since he tenderly felt her kicking in my belly. We adorned his marker with a few flowers, reminded him of how much he is missed, and snapped a few pictures.



No comments: