Monday, April 20, 2009

We're a One-Dog Family!


Well, she is here! Thursday, we made the long trek to Moorhead to pick her up from her foster family. Luna did really well on the drive home and has made a quick adjustment to her new home. We've added a zip-line to the backyard so she can be outside for a while. Unfortunately, she likes to get herself tangled up in the trees, which defeats the purpose. Otherwise, she's become much calmer around the house, and has found her favorite place to lay...with her head between the couches. My favorite feature: her lack of odor! (With the exception of when she poops on the carpet) I have to say that Chris has done an amazing job stepping up to the responsibility of dog ownership- taking her on a morning walk, cleaning up her kennel after she eats (she's a MESSY eater!), and taking care of "accidents" (there's only been one).

Chris and I on our first walk with Luna.

Look at that smile!

Ready to leave for her new home!

Stopping for a potty break along the mighty (flooded) Mississippi.

Home, at last, on her pillow.

Dare I say...it's not as bad as I thought it would be?

4 comments:

Phil said...

Dogs are awesome, and addicting. Once you have one of your own, you start to love everyone else's dogs even more.

We're excited for the day when Gavin says "can I get a dog of my own?" and then we can pretend to really think it over before going out to pick one... probably the same day.

I wonder how Wicket will take it. =)

the husband said...

I love how you tell me that you two "bonded" while I was at work. I think someone is slowly falling in love with the dog!!!

Trish said...

She is beautiful! Glad to hear it is going so well!!!

Anonymous said...

Jamie and Chris Luna is beautiful. I am glad you have her. Your uncle Bob had solid white Siberian Husky with blue eyes. She was born on the 4th of July and he named him Freedom. They are so smart. I really fell in love with him when I visited Bob.