Wednesday, November 19, 2008

To Be A Fly On The Wall...


Aren't there some conversations you wish you could have witnessed in person? I often think- GOSH! I wish I could be a fly on the wall for THAT one! Like Jesus discussing his impending time on earth with God the Father, or Adam and Eve figuring things out in the garden, and many others on a much less significant scale.

Thanks to the medium of social networking, conversations can be saved indefinitely. So I chose to look up a conversation that began exactly two years ago on MySpace- and now I'm sitting next to the man who became my husband. It's humorous to go back and watch our relationship escalate! I've included the very first communication between Chris and I here- excuse the shallowness, but we were total strangers :)

Nov 19, 2006 7:38 PM
Jamiebella: STAV! The man...the legend...and my new friend! Any friend of Jack Bauer is a friend of mine. Duluth? How are things in Duluth?

Nov 19, 2006 10:09 PM
Stav: The Man, the Legend?? What did Cheri tell you about me? I'd have to say those titles belong to the one and only Jack Bauer. Only a few weeks till he hopefully saves the world once again. I can't wait. Duluth is awesome. No snow and not too cold, yet...... So Cheri sure does talk up Long Beach, is it really as cool as she says? Have a good week!

There you have it. Romantic, isn't it?

7 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

I still have old emails Lori and I exchanged MANY MANY MANY years ago, I need to dig those up to feel some embarrassment!

Unknown said...

Bret and I have emails that are over 10 years old now :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww! If you have all the rest it would be a good book... A romance autobiography! Happy 2nd E-nniversary, you two!

Becky said...

How funny, Justin and I are celebrating our 10 year dating anniversary today!

Jamie Stavenger said...

Oh, Becky, the ways we are similar never seem to end!

photoqueen said...

I have Real letters from Mike and I when we first started becoming friends...they were passed during English and Spanish Class. Then when we were really dating we said we have three language classes, English, spanish and French. How cheesy is that.

Angela said...

How fun that you have an actual record of your first communication!