Monday, October 06, 2008

Questions or Comments?


I subbed Kindergarten today.
My lesson plan instructed me to open up the day by greeting kids, going over today's "News" and allowing them to ask me questions, and then to tell me something they did this weekend. This is the transcript from our "question" time:

Student 1: Do you have a cat?
Me: No, I don't have a cat.
Student 2: Do you have...a hamster?
Me: Nope, no hamster either.
Student 3: Do you have...a butterfly?
Me: Nope...I don't have a butterfly. I don't have any pets.
Student 4: Do you have a puppy?
Me: No...I don't have ANY pets.
Student 5: Do you have a rat? (giggle)
Me: Ew. No. I don't have any pets, remember?
Student 6: Do you have...umm...a rabbit?
Me: I DON'T HAVE ANY PETS.
Student 7: Do you have...a pet store?
Me: Ok- that's enough questions.

Kindergarten teachers = patience.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Do you have a lizard?

Anonymous said...

That is too cute!

Kevin said...

Sea horses. I bet you have a lot of sea horses at your house!

Leanne said...

Yay for kindergarten. lol.

Anonymous said...

Do you have......ummm......worms? Someone once proclaimed that they don't have eyes. Did you know that worms don't have eyes?! (8oP)

bobby said...

If you can't beat em, just join em. That's the point at which you make up some ridiculous story about how you actually live in a zoo that you own and sleep with a different animal every night. And then you throw in that if they ask anymore animal questions, you ran out of lion food and the lions really like to eat kindergartners.

Jamie Stavenger said...

I'll remember that one, Bobby! Haaahaha!