Friday, October 17, 2008

October Update

Hi friends!
Well, it's midway through October, and autumn here is winding to a close, evidenced by more leaves on the ground than on the trees and forecasts of snow as early as next week! I've put away the flip-flops for good...or at least until next summer.

And, as you may have noticed, my blogging has been sparse. I think the weather has played a part in that. On these chilly, overcast days, I'd much rather be on the couch wrapped up in a blanket! But I'm determined to keep this venue of communication as updated as possible, so I'll kick my motivation into overdrive.

Yesterday, Chris and I took a trip to Minneapolis to meet with a financial advisor. We're interested in the best ways to be saving and investing right now, so we received some helpful advice and were on our way! BONUS: making the overdue pilgrimage to CHIPOTLE!


Thanks to lots of free time on sub assignments (prep periods with nothing to prep), I've been able to do a lot of reading! The most recent book I finished is Jodi Piccoult's Nineteen Minutes. Excellent, but emotionally heavy. And Chris and I finished our previous devotional book and have begun reading The Five Love Languages . I've wanted to read this one for a long time, and so far it's right on the money. I discovered my love language is Words of Affirmation...

...which may be why I enjoy your comments so much!

4 comments:

Emma said...

The Five Love Languages is a great book. Enjoy reading it!

Kevin said...

Its mid October and you are already wrapping up in blankets.

Man it's gonna be a tough winter for you. haha.

Angela said...

What a great post ... how very wise of you to see a financial planner ... you're such an avid reader ...

... enough words of affirmation for you? ;)

Jamie Stavenger said...

Nah....keep 'em coming! :)

Thanks, Angela!