Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Favorite Things

Yay!! One of the best things about fall is that it heralds in the Christmas season! And THIS year, I'm particularly excited to experience my first "white christmas," though I'll be far from family for the holidays. Anyway, we've been enjoying some little luxuries, so I thought I'd make a Favorite Things list! I won't have the economic impact that Oprah would, but I thought I'd throw some things out there for you to try!

1) Berkshire Blankets: Serasoft throw. We received this as a wedding gift, and it's SO soft, as well as the perfect weight and size in which to wrap yourself. Plus, their website has lovely bird chirping, enough to warrant a visit. :)

2) WoodWick Candles- Since we don't have a fireplace, I LOVE lighting this candle because it crackles like a fire! AND, it has super cool scents like Mojito, Pomander, Blackberry Crisp and Fireside...our personal favorite.

3) Caramel-Peanut Butter and Apples- a great treat for a chilly day! Slice apples, take 24 wrapped caramel candies...add to it 1 tbsp Peanut butter and 1 tbsp water. Place it in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir, add a pinch of cinnamon. Use it for an apple dip.

4) St. Supery Moscato- Okay, this is an OLD favorite, but there's nothing better. Best to drink when it's a little warm outside (it's refreshing), so Californian's...live it up! Plus, if you get to the winery itself in Napa, they have a great tasting deal!

Alright...your turn.
What would you add to this list?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A house in Minnesota with NO fireplace??????

Sarah said...

Oh, I have something to add! Matt and I took a trip to costco, and found a heated matress pad! It has a pre-heat function that you trun on 20 minutes before bed and it takes the chill off of you sheets, it also has higher settings that keep you toasty! Best part, duel tempture controls, so you control the warmth on your own side. Even though it's not super cold in Ca yet, we already love it!http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-Heated-Mattress-QUEEN-Size/dp/B0014I7MBC

The other thing I love that I'm going to try today or tomorrow are Martha Stewart glittered pumpkins! I do the Thanksgiving centerpiece every year, and decided that these are awesome! Of course, I love a good craft, but the glitter part scares me! :-)http://www.marthastewart.com/article/glittered-pumpkins