Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Oh, How The Years Go By...


Anyone else have that Amy Grant song in their head now?
Meh- it's probably just me.

Well, today marks the THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of "Songs of the Closet"! Some of you have been following along since the very beginning, back at jamiebella.blog.com (sorry about the brunette phase). I'm so grateful that you've followed me from Northern Cal to the L.A. life, from Southern Cal to the Northland, from church to church, gig to gig, singlehood to marriage and all the exciting stuff in between! It's humbling to know that so many of you are tracking with me, even from so far away. And I love sharing my life with you! The party continues.

In honor of this occasion, I'll copy my first public post for you. Some of you wonder where the title "Songs of the Closet" came from. This explains it:

June 25th, 2005
Hi Friends and Family!

Though I have NO IDEA what I'm doing, I thought I'd give the BLOG thing a try. Any way to stay in touch with you all is worth a try, right?

Most of you know that I recently became a resident of Southern California. I've been enjoying the cool weather (yes, 85 is cool compared to the valley heat) and the plethora of things to do! I'm staying with good friend Suzanne for the time being. Since I am a big fan of paychecks, my primary goal right now is to keep them coming. Therefore, my time is consumed by JOB HUNTING! I can't wait to report back what God has made available to me, and I'm calling on all of you to PRAY! This has been a very trying time for me...I feel Satan's breath of discouragement often. BUT God is GOOD and He is Victorious. To the degree this phase in life has been challenging, it has been GROWTH like I've never experienced. Praise be to God!

Songs from the Closet...I have gone from leading worship weekly on stage to playing the keyboard set up in my closet (which I will hereafter refer to as my "music studio"). I've had some beautiful moments with Him...the most important audience I have. It's the greatest gig ever!

Please, please leave a comment if you are breezing by!

Jamie


All right...now it's your turn. Lurkers, friends, family...let me know you're out there, and maybe I'll keep this blog thing going! :)

10 comments:

Perksofbeingme said...

I'm here! And I love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

You bring a smile to my face everytime I read your blog. Dad

bobby said...

Random comment: Saw Leeland play here at Saddleback Monday night. Thought of you. Wanted to text you as he was singing Tears From The Saints, but I lost your phone #.

So text or call me sometime.

Emma said...

I started reading your blog after we found each other on facebook. It happened to be about a week before you got engaged. It's been fun to catch up with you!

Sara said...

Please don't close the closet doors!!! I enjoy keeping up with your new life in the frozen tundra land. Are you talking with an accent yet-yeh. We miss you here in SoCal.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the many old pictures that I got to browse before choosing you to be my wife. I loved them all! You are awesome and I love you very much!!! You rule Mrs. Stavenger!!!!
Love,
your husband

Anonymous said...

Sigh, it seems like only yesterday you were moving to SoCal... Do I sound like a mom or what! Thank you for blogging, it always brightens my day!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've come a long way in those three years! From single and looking for a job, to married and, well, looking for a job. Don't worry, God has something in store for you. He just wants you to enjoy your new marriage first before sending you back out into the rat race. Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Please don't stop blogging. I start the day with a visit with you. Love Grandma Mc

photoqueen said...

where did my BFF go? I haven't heard in a while...miss you!