Wednesday, January 03, 2007

All Hail Queen Mary!



After a year and a half of wanting to tour the Queen Mary, I FINALLY got the opportunity to do so- with my parents! The parental unit stayed over a couple nights at my place, and we made an all-day event out of our visit with the Queen. Legend has it that the ship is haunted...they offer a tour that takes you to various locations at which there have been ghost sightings/paranormal activity. While I believe in the spiritual realm, I don't know if I subscribe to the idea that the ship is "haunted". But, it was interesting. We explored the floor of the ship that rests against the ocean, investigated the first-class pool that is rumored to be home to many spirits, and travelled through the mechanical underbelly of the ship. I didn't see ANY ghosts. We did experience a fowl smell around the pool, but that was because a 2-year-old in diapers left his stale mark there.


Mom and Dad have passports in hand!


The best part- watching the sun set over Long Beach. Gorgious.


....and, that's a really large smokestack: up close and personal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just there in September for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk. We ate lunch on the Queen Mary. After walking 39 miles around Long Beach, I can safely say that is one of the most beautiful spots in town.

Also, it is a very pretty boat. I mean ship.

Hope you had very happy holidays! :)

--Becky Perry (blog stalker)