Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Cool Dot!


I'm at risk of being labeled a "nerd" here, but I spent my lunch hour today standing in line to see planet Mercury transit the sun. This astonomical event occurs only a handful of times each century, and since the Biola Astronomy Club was in full-force today with special telescopes on hand, I thought I'd take a little peek! In scope, it was like looking at a tiny dot on a petrie dish. That dot is actually a planet the size of our moon. And earth...not much bigger. Is it possible that God has this giant universe in order, down to the tiniest of specks (us)? Inconceivable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not "nerdy" at all, and I believe Mercury transits the sun once every 10 years. So for those that missed it; you can see it again in 2016. I remember singing a song when I was in sunday school "He has the whole world in his hands" Mercury, i'm sure, would be included.