Monday, November 06, 2006

48 Days Till....


Hi all! I was brutally reminded this morning that there are only 48 days until Christmas. Where has this year gone? I'm not ready for the chaos that is the holiday season quite yet. Between now and then, I'm already looking at 3 plane flights, not to mention shopping for gifts....

Although it's crept up quite quickly, I always anticipate the festive glee surrounding Christmas. If I could get a Christmas Tree right now, I would. Forget the pumpkins! Bring on the ornaments, the sparkle and the smells of cider and douglas fir. I was asking some friends at Revolution about their New Year's plans, and they looked at me as if I was crazy! Is it too early to be planning for an occasion such as that? I don't think so! If you want to make it special, that is. There's always the default plan of popping the bubbly in someone's living room...

Are you a planner like me? Perhaps it's the "Monica Gellar" gene I was born with. If you've got it, too, here's some holiday planning tips courtesy of "Real Simple" magazine to get your holiday season rolling now....

1. Plan your seating charts (this is for those of you who can afford to host dinners, and who have more than 4 chairs at your dining room table.)

2. Order stamps. (Who wants to wait in the long lines at the post office! You can order them online!)

3. Book beauty appointments. (Nails, pedi, hair- they all book up quick. Be careful!)

4. Plant emergency cleaning supplies around the house.

5. Make it a bill-free holiday. (Attempt to pay ahead some of your debts and clear some funds for Dec!)

6. Save the Date. If you are thinking of having an event, reserve the date with your friends. You can send out more detailed info later!

7. Prepare to take daywear into evening. Have lots of outfits onhand that you can accessorize and dress up without having to return home to change.

8. Organize table linens. (Ummmm....CHECK! It's already done! My Dec/Jan table settings are ready to go!)

9. Start a holiday binder. (Okay....I may be OCD enough to actually try this one. But not this year.)

No comments: