Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Big Turkey Day Report

So much activity this weekend...these posts will have to be in installments. Sorry!

Ohhhhhh, I'm still recovering from a weekend full of food and fun- from a grueling, intense game of Capture the Flag with my Revolution buddies, to ice-skating on soap (yeah...I'll explain later) and hiking through Napa vineyards. I was treated to TWO Thanksgiving feasts...the first, and most traditional, being held with Jessie Pauling's family here in Southern California (complete with Jessie's grandmother dressed as a pilgrim). I have heard about deep-fried turkeys for a while now, and finally had the opportunity to taste one! The conclusion I came to: there is no difference. Not that I could taste, at least. Still yummy. Following dinner, the fam LOUDLY participated in some game festivities.

On Friday, Jessie, Brandy and I drove up to Stockton to have Thanksgiving with MY family, and to visit Napa on Saturday. We were impressed that all roads and freeways were virtually empty, making it a smooth 5 hour trip. Mom veered from the traditional Thanksgiving spread (fine by me!) to include tri-tip, cajun pasta, potato casserole and many others. In addition to the immediate family, my Grandma and her hubby Cliff joined us to eat. Grandma is always entertaining with her stories!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When are you and Derek going to be old enough to move from the kids table to the grown ups table? :)